JMG diligently tracks and responds to the outcomes of our programs, always keeping students at the center of the educational process.
JMG has an extensive data management information system. JMG's Specialists collect information on each student, such as grades, absences, and graduation. This allows JMG to document how our students, and therefore, how "we" as an organization, are doing. These outcomes are proof that JMG and Maine's students are making the grade.
- The 4-year graduation rate for JMG students is consistently 90% or higher
- 96% of students in JMG return to school the following year (5-year average)
- 85% of JMG students are either employed, in the military, or continuing their education immediately following graduation (5-year average)
JMG has been working closely with the Maine Department of Labor's Center for Workforce Research and Information (CWRI) to develop a better understanding of the long-term impact of our programs. The Department of Labor conducted a study of the JMG Class of 2000. According to the study, six years after completing high school, JMG graduates were earning 14% more money in the workforce than all other workers their age. The Maine DOL report summarized the findings of the study below:
"In sum, JMG has demonstrated success in reaching young people and setting them on course for sustainable employment and higher earnings. Our findings suggest that JMG participants:
- Earn more than the majority of their contemporaries;
- Move into industries that show growth and potential for increased earnings;
- Tend to relocate from regions with declining employment: and
- Realize higher earnings the longer their tenure with an employer."