Currently, JMG has one open position.
Vice President of Operations
Application Deadline: 5:00 p.m. on Friday, March 14, 2014
How to Apply: Send cover letter, resume and references as a single PDF attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job Description: JMG Vice President of Operations
The Position: Under the direct supervision of the Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Vice President, the Vice President of Operations is responsible for leading the operation of Jobs for Maine’s Graduates’ (JMG) programs and services. The Vice President of Operations is responsible for maintaining and improving programs, developing service systems and practices which promote JMG’s mission, and ensuring quality service delivery. The VP of Operations will focus on the following three areas: program leadership and management, external relationships with JMG’s education and business partners, and programmatic knowledge management.
Key Responsibilities: The Vice President of Operations’ key responsibilities include:
• Ensure ongoing programmatic excellence.
• Provide leadership in development of inter-team communication and cohesiveness, sustaining culture and supporting staff during organizational growth.
• Supervise managers who direct program activities that implement JMG’s strategies, including programmatic and administrative functions.
• Ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountability of all direct subordinates are defined and understood.
• Attract, develop, coach, and retain high-performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility and performance.
• Work with staff to develop systems to ensure consistent, high-quality project management.
• Evaluate overall operations regularly and systematically and reporting evaluation results to the executive team being prepared with recommendations regarding changes or refining of systems and programs.
• Develop the necessary systems, processes, and tools to better support the facilitation, collection, and sharing of knowledge that is generated by the programs.
• Manage relationships with partner organizations, specifically within the public education arena but also interfacing with business and economic development community.
• Seek out and create opportunities to engage with external stakeholders, serving as one of JMG’s spokespersons within formal and informal settings including networking opportunities, conferences, panels, and individual meetings with education stakeholders.
Experience and Qualifications: The ideal candidate for this position will share JMG’s commitment to students of promise, and bring a variety of experiences and attributes to JMG, including but not limited to:
-Bachelor’s degree in education or related filed is required. Master’s in Education is preferred, but will consider comparable executive career experience (minimum of ten years) within education and/or education policy.
-A successful track record of collaborative leadership of a management team to achieve strategic objectives.
-Maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders both internal and external.
-The capacity to lead and make strategic and tactical management decisions.
-Sensitivity, appreciation and enthusiasm about diversity in backgrounds, perspectives and experiences are expected.
-Being energetic, having a strong work ethic and demonstrating proactive leadership.
-Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Salary & Benefits: Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience. This position is based out of JMG’s Central Office in Augusta, although extensive statewide travel and some out-of-state travel are required. Nontraditional working hours for evening, overnight and weekend events also required.