Donor Bill of Rights
JMG adheres to the Association of Fundraising Professionals' Donor Bill of Rights, which states that all donors have the right to:
- Be informed of the organization's mission, and of both the way the organization intends to use donated resources and its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- Be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- Be assured that information about their donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- Have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
©2015, Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP), all rights reserved. Reprinted with permission from the Association of Fundraising Professionals.